Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Moms as Leaders

Leadership is the ability to influence others. I know many people would not think of themselves as a leader, but if you are influencing others, you are, in fact, a leader. Parents are leaders!

With that thought in mind: who am leading and where am I leading them?

If you are a parent, you probably had little to no training before your little came along. You may have had a class to inform you on the delivery process, but no one ever sat you down and told you how to train your little sweet bundle of joy SPIRITUALLY. In fact, many of us had our children and thought we were ready for the challenge to only realize we weren't as ready as we thought.

This parenting thing is the HARDEST thing I have ever done! Let me repeat: THE HARDEST thing I have ever done!

I just thought my college paper was hard, but boy was I wrong?!?

So, if you would like more ideas on how to lead your children to Jesus, you are in the right place. My desire is to encourage you and help you along the way as you seek to "grow your family God's way."

DISCLAIMER: I am just another mom who loves Jesus, but desires to share with you ideas that might just fit your family. I do know that what works for one family will not always work for another. That is where you have to stop and say: "Lord, that was a really good suggestion or idea, but how do you want me to implement that into your family?" By the time God takes that idea and makes it to fit you and the plan He has for you and your family, it may look totally different!

But know one thing: you will find contentment when you are following God's plan for your life and not just "copying" what you read and hear that everyone else is doing. It is great to read and get ideas: I do, but we have to filter it and know if it is for us or not.

Rock on, Mom! You are doing a fabulous job! God is smiling on you today!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment